The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 10:36pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help: Cadence error: V5: Waveform type must be specified if any waveform paramet (Read 4383 times)
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Help: Cadence error: V5: Waveform type must be specified if any waveform paramet
Feb 24th, 2009, 10:55am

I use Cadence to work on a project, but there is a error: V5: Waveform type must be specified if any waveform parameters are given.
I search internet, it seems that lot of people meeting this problem, but no good solutions. Anybody here can give some ideas?

Another problem is that dependent sources from analogLib can not be used. For example, when I set the gain of vcvs to 2 and extract netlist, the gain parameter can not be extracted. The netlist is always like this:
E1 (net1 net2 net3 net4) vcvs
The gain=2 parameter is always ignored. How to deal this problem?

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Help: Cadence error: V5: Waveform type must be specified if any waveform paramet
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2009, 11:15pm

I don't know about the second problem, but on the first the message says it all: you have to set the waveform type. Look for the waveform type parameter and set it.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Help: Cadence error: V5: Waveform type must be specified if any waveform paramet
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2009, 8:15am

This has the ring of failing to do:

Code:
setenv CDS_Netlisting_Mode Analog 

before starting DFII. If you don't have CDS_Netlisting_Mode set to Analog, any parameters which are at their CDF default values do not get netlisted (this is because the spectre netlister can be used with both "NLP" (i.e. Digital) or "CDF" (i.e. Analog) based netlisting.

Try setting this UNIX environment variable, and see if that solves it.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.