The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:30pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error message (Read 6351 times)
littlepig

Error message
Feb 25th, 2009, 11:41pm

Hi all,

I am new with VHDL code..

I try to run the sample code from http://www.designers-guide.org/Modeling/fc_jtol_src_ns.vhd with quartus2 and received several errors shown below:
Error (10500): VHDL syntax error at InputJitter.vhd(29) near text "sj_out";  expecting ":", or ","

Partial of the code..
library IEEE;
use IEEE.MATH_REAL.all;
library IEEE_PROPOSED;
use IEEE_PROPOSED.electrical_systems.all;
entity sj_src is
     port (
           sj_freq : in real;
           sj_amp : in real;
           freq : in real;
           terminal sj_out : electrical);       ---this is line 29
end sj_src;

I suspect that in quartus2, it doesn't has the library IEEE_PROPOSED and aren't able to use IEEE_PROPOSED.electrical_systems.all..

Is it possible to download the library file?? Where can I download??

Thanks..

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Error message
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2009, 9:52am

You may be able to use IEEE instead of IEEE_proposed. I've seen a number of examples from before the VHDL AMS standard which called it IEEE_PROPOSED (for example in Ashenden et al's book http://www.amazon.com/System-Designers-VHDL-AMS-Systems-Silicon/dp/1558607498/re...)

However, I'm not familiar with QuartusII so I can't answer your specific question.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
littlepig

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2009, 10:25am

Hi andrew,

I have tried using IEEE library but I still received the same error message.. I think that my IEEE library don't have electrical_system..

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2009, 10:32am

I believe you need VHDL-AMS. Does QuartusII support VHDL-AMS?

-Ken

Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2009, 2:24am

From a quick google I saw some references to VHDL-AMS with QuartusII, but I didn't follow them deeply to check...

However, it may be like it is with the Cadence AMS simulator shipped in the IUS stream; there are two (in fact more than two) versions of IEEE, one which has the AMS extensions, and one which doesn't (there are other "pure" versions). You need to make sure with AMS Designer that you're using the right version of the library via your cds.lib.

There may be a similar requirement with QuartusII - assuming it actually supports VHDL AMS, as Ken said!

Regards,

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.