The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 3:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cadence EDGE to CDB conversion (Read 4078 times)
Girish

Cadence EDGE to CDB conversion
Mar 18th, 2009, 10:21pm

Hi,
 I have a database in Cadence EDGE format. From what i understand this was a database format from cadence being used in 90's. Is there a way to convert it to a format which one of today's tools can read.

Cadence believes that the conversion can happen using IC4.2.x and IC4.4.1 which would convert it from EDGE to someformat to a format which IC5x can read. Does someone have access to these binaries?

Regards,
Girish

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Cadence EDGE to CDB conversion
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:40pm

Actually you should be able to do it with 4.3.4 (9502) to get to 4.3.X format, and then translate that using a version between 4.4 and 4.4.6 to get it into a database that can be read with IC5141.

Unless you've got software and hardware that can run these versions, I'd say it's going to be quite tricky.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Girish

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2009, 5:02am

Thanks Andrew for the response. Where can i get the binaries for these versions. Apparently, cadence is finding it difficult to find these tool versions.

Girish

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2009, 9:26am

Presumably if you have designs on these old versions, you archived the software media, the OS, and the hardware along with it?

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.