The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a problem using AMS (Read 2289 times)
Ken Wong

Taiwan
a problem using AMS
Mar 28th, 2009, 11:04pm

Hi all,

I am using AMS simulator to tset a verilog-coded bolock in spectre.
After I set up the config, I choose "Mixed-Signal>>Interface Element>>Instance" for a2d and d2a setting, but it just reply "please select an instance to update". How can I solve the problem.

thanks a lot.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: a problem using AMS
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2009, 9:20am

The mixed signal menu is for the older SpectreVerilog simulator interface; it is NOT for AMS Designer.

For AMS Designer, you control the connectmodule (interface elements are instances of connectmodules) by altering connect rules via the Setup->Connect Modules in the ADE window (assuming you're simulating via ADE), and then use the AMS->Default Discipline Selection if you need to specify a particular discipline for parts of the design. If you really need to that is...

It sounds as if you're getting the two mixed signal simulators mixed up? (apologies for the dreadful pun there...)

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.