The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Montecarlo Simulations for On-chip Process variations for 90nm Technology (Read 3287 times)
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Montecarlo Simulations for On-chip Process variations for 90nm Technology
Apr 25th, 2009, 10:31am

I want to analyse a circuit for on-chip process variations. Which all parameters of BSIM4 model file I should vary in Montecarlo simulations ? I think I should vary these five parameters: vth0, dl, dw, lpe0, K3.  
Am I correct ?

For 90nm Technology what should be approximate sigma of pdfs of these parameters for on-chip variations ?  

Plz Reply
CA

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Montecarlo Simulations for On-chip Process variations for 90nm Technology
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009, 5:22am

I would expect the sigma is proprietary information of your foundry -- how mature is their process?  Also note that the foundry may want to tell you the sigma is much wider than it is in reality, so that you can't claim a wafer is out of spec and they should pay.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2009, 6:59pm

Thanks a lot for the guidance. I could get model file for MC from foundry.

-CA

View Profile   IP Logged
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2009, 7:10pm

A small query along the same line. Now that I have model files for MC, I want to incorporate correlation between neighboring transistors for Mismatch analysis. I could see an option to specify CC and transistor pairs in ADE/ Statistical Analysis. The question still remains what CC value should I give to the transistors located within the area of 60 lambda X 50 Lambda ? I understand this is also a proprietary information. However I just need a rough estimate.  

My chip has two modules which are far apart and the modules are very small.  I need to consider the fact that all Module A transistors are identical. All module B transistors are identical. However, transistors of module A and module B are not identical.
Is CC=0.9 an for transistors in single module an educated approximation ?

View Profile   IP Logged
mowiehowie

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2009, 1:45am

Hi, I got almost the same doubt.

The only document I got gives me a rule of thumb saying that the accuracy for a MC simulation is Δμ/μ [%] = 100*3.92*(σ/μ)(1/sqrt(n)).

Where n is the number of runs, Δμ/μ is the accuracy, and σ/μ is the deviation/mean ratio.

Okay, I can set the number of runs on the simulator but how do I set the sigma/mean ratio???  :-?

Thanks a lot.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.