The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 1st, 2024, 6:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simulation results (Read 3137 times)
analogue_guy
Community Member

simulation results
Apr 27th, 2009, 2:45pm

Hi all,

I would like to understand more about all the fiels, which are saved after a simulation is done ( all the files and folders in the netlist and psf folders).

Do you know which part of the Cadence documentation should I consult?

Thanks,

--AG

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: simulation results
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009, 3:38am

You need to see what analyses are in the netlist. If it is spectre, you can see what is saved for (say) one of the info analyses by looking at "spectre -h info" or for transient with "spectre -h tran" and so on - use spectre -h with the analysis name, and check what it saves with the options selected.

Otherwise the spectre user guide and spectre reference are the places to look. For other simulators, you'd need to look in the manuals for those simulators.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
analogue_guy
Community Member

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2009, 8:21am

Thanks, Althout I forgot to mention, I am interested in Spectre.

I went through the help but it is still not fully clear what is kept for example in the ihnl and amap drectory.
and for example what is the difference between
<cell_name>.f.inst and <cell_name>.f.net and <cell_name>.i.inst and <cell_name>.i.net in the amap folder.
What is the difference if an n or a v was added to the net name in the content of these filed? and so on ...

cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2009, 5:48am

The amap folder is used to keep mapping information during netlisting, signal probing and so on. It's to keep track of the fact that the names in the schematic may not match the name in the netlist, and different delimiters may be used, and so on.

However, the files and the format of those files within the amap directory is not public and is not documented - mainly because they would be used via an API in the application itself, and also it gives Cadence the freedom to adapt them if necessary.

The ihnl directory is used for the incremental hierarchical netlister - so you'll get subdirectories containing netlists for each cellView. With AMS it also contains other information, such as the compiled representation of the various Verilog AMS and other language code. Again, it's under the control of the netlister, so all you really need to know is that it contains parts of the netlists as the netlisting is proceeding.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.