The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
analysis using cadence virtuoso in IBM PDK cmos10lpe design kit (Read 3334 times)
Mahyar

analysis using cadence virtuoso in IBM PDK cmos10lpe design kit
May 08th, 2009, 5:10pm

Hi,
I am trying to simulate a very simple differential amplifier using cadence virtuoso (IBM PKD cmos10lpe) design kit. First I built my schematic then I made a cell view (symbol) out of it in order to be able to instantiate.
I built a test bench and I put the symbol of my differential pair into it and everything is ok when I save and checked it. but when I do the DC analysis and try to see annotate the DC points, I can't see any values in the input and out put of my  differential pair. As if it is not connected or I don't know what is going wrong?

View Profile   IP Logged
oermens
Community Member

Re: analysis using cadence virtuoso in IBM PDK cmos10lpe design kit
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2009, 6:43pm

What version of IC and MMSIM are you using? Is the simulation actually successful? Can you post your output log? Does anything show up in Results Browser dc-op? Have you tried simulating the diffamp schematic cellview on its own (i.e. not a testbench)? Can you do Results->Direct Plot->DC and obtain voltages at the input and output of the symbol?

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2009, 10:17pm

Mahyar wrote on May 8th, 2009, 5:10pm:
when I do the DC analysis and try to see annotate the DC points, I can't see any values in the input and out put of my differential pair.
"DC Node Voltages" are different from "DC Operation Points".
And "MATLAB" are different from "Simulink".

Do you mean "DC Operation Points" truely ?

Show me your "symbol view".
Do you surely attach "cdsTerm()" as interpreted label ?

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2009, 12:01pm by pancho_hideboo »  
View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
Ian

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2009, 5:24am

You may see the DC result, if you go inside the differential amplifier block and annotate the DC operating points there.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.