The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:16pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ideal transformer modelling (Read 2155 times)
tarullim

ideal transformer modelling
May 11th, 2009, 9:14pm

hi there,

I am trying to model an ideal two winding transformer, 1:n turns ratio.  I have tried to put two dependent sources, a current controlled current source on the primary and a voltage controlled voltage source on the secondary.  However upon compiling and elaborating, I receive an error message indicating that the instance of the current controlled current source can only have 2 terminals, but has 4.  If I am not mistaken, the proper syntax for the current relationship is I(p,n) <+ gain*I(ps,ns)?  The Verilog AMS book states this is the proper syntax.  I'm not sure why it doesn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: ideal transformer modelling
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2009, 7:03am

It's not clear to me what your "current controlled current source" is: did you write a Verilog AMS model for it, or are you using a SPICE element?  I think Spice3f5's CCCS uses a voltage source for its current probe.  If you write your own VAMS model, with the syntax you suggest, then obviously you'd need to have a module with four ports.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.