The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 8:30pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS and Labview cosimulation (Read 2965 times)
mehregan

Minnesota
AMS and Labview cosimulation
Jun 26th, 2009, 9:43am

I am curious if anyone has ever considered tying Verilog / AMS to labview for the purpose of virtual test development using hardware models.  Would be most interested in a true co-simulation that would step through time and pass test commands and measurements between the labview test code and the hardware model written in Verilog-HDL/AMS.  I would think this is possible using PLI but I am not aware of any existing support for this capability.  

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: AMS and Labview cosimulation
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2009, 10:25am

Hi Mehregan,

I don't know of any built in AMS designer-Labview flow I'm afraid. First idea that sprang to my mind is using Matlab to bridge this gap. Matlab ties well with both AMS Designer and labView. I have never tried it though, just a though that might trigger other ideas ...

Cheers  :)
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: AMS and Labview cosimulation
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2009, 3:41am

I did something similar years (16 years?) ago with SaberVerilog and using GPIB to control some measurement equipment. In my case it wasn't with feedback from the actual measured chips - I was primarily doing it to control the test equipment to get the design into a test state and then measure some of the internal blocks.

So it can be done. I must admit I've forgotten how I did it. It may have been PLI-based (probably not VPI, because it pre-dates VPI), if my memory is correct.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.