The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Efficient way of Defining MACROs(Directives)  Globally (Read 102 times)
Dipankar
Community Member

Efficient way of Defining MACROs(Directives)  Globally
Jul 07th, 2009, 6:58am

Dear Experts,

I am new to AMS Designer. Curently I am facing an issue of globally defining MACROs in AMS. Let me first tell you the flow I am following. Please let me know if something is wrong.

Flow : Artist based AMS ( not the Hierarchy editor Plug-In)

steps : First, I verilog-in the RTL library (It's a hierarchical one) from CIW. In RTL library my TOP .v contains definition of the top module , many MACROs defined by  `define statement and many files included by `include statement. Through the Library Manager I can see that all the modules/cells have functional view and symbol view. But the MACROs and `include are missing at the top.

2nd, I create config view of my TB and I can see all the verilog modules (except the modules with 'celldefine) used in my design at HE . so far so good.

3rd, Now I need to give AMS the MACRO values. I provide MACRO info like this : Simulation->Options->Compiler-> MACRO : MACRO name,  MACRO value. It works for one macro. But I have a long list of macros. Currently I give the mostly used macro info there and add `define XXX  for the others at  the respective cells.
But Can you suggest a better soln. for global definition ? I also tried to define these macros at the top but without any result.

With Thanks and Regards,
Dipankar.
View Profile   IP Logged
Peruzzi
Community Member

Re: Efficient way of Defining MACROs(Directives)  Globally
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2009, 9:33am

Dipankar,
I've done that sort of thing by defining the macros in the hdl.var file.  I don't recall the syntax and don't have access to Cadence tools while I'm between gigs so I can't give you an exact solution but I hope this directs you down the correct path.
Cheers,
Bob P.
www.RPeruzzi.com

View Profile   IP Logged
Dipankar
Community Member

Re: Efficient way of Defining MACROs(Directives)  Globally
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2009, 1:19am

Dear BOB,

Thnx for the hint. Actually I listed all my `define from a xxx.v and included that  xxx.v from ADE->Simulation->Option->netlister. Looks like working fine.

With Thanks and Regards,
Dipankar.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.