The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 10:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advise for  quick  transient simulation to capture system power-up (Read 1756 times)
Dipankar
Community Member

Advise for  quick  transient simulation to capture system power-up
Jul 10th, 2009, 7:52pm

Dera ALL,
              I am simulating a system power-up scenario where the system takes ~180  us to  wake up  using spectre tran. I need to simulate upto ~250 us to properly monitor the ringing etc. Now I set maxstep=20 ns as my design has a oscillator which generates a 3MHz clock. This slows up the simulation during 0-180us. Is any way  around possible ? I did not use 'convergence aid' because during post-sim with calibre-extracted view I can't do the 'nodeset' or 'ic' at the proper node which is not at the top.

With Thanks and Regards,
Dipankar.
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Advise for  quick  transient simulation to capture system power-up
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2009, 1:41am

Did you need to set maxstep?

One other idea is to use envlp - this can work with autonomous circuits, and can be used to speed up the simulation of startup behaviour of circuits.

Or look at using Spectre Turbo or APS (if the circuit is big enough, this could really be beneficial).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.