The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 10:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good book/documentation for CMI (Cadence Spectre)? (Read 3130 times)
Aspwy

Good book/documentation for CMI (Cadence Spectre)?
Aug 05th, 2009, 6:03am

Hi all,

could someone recommend me some good book/documentation/examples for Cadence Spectre Compiled Model Interface (CMI)?

I am stuck with "CMI Reference 4.0" (btw, I wonder why Cadence did not include "CMI Reference 5.0" in Europractice distribution of MMSIM 7) and some non-documented examples in .../spectrecmi/samples and .../spectrecmi/src.

Did someone managed to get opamp.c from .../spectrecmi/samples working?
It compiled well and I got the library libopamp.so which I included in cmiConfig; Spectre recognized it; I have placed the opamp model into my netlist, but the opamp does not work (at all). Not in tran, ac.
Other examples {seam to} work.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
A.W.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Good book/documentation for CMI (Cadence Spectre)?
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2009, 12:51am

The C Model Interface is not included in the documentation by default, and is normally available by special request from Cadence. I believe it has been included in the Europractice bundle in the past (we've certainly had a very small number of support questions from Europractice about CMI), so your best bet is to contact Europractice support about this (who can contact Cadence in turn if needed).

There are very few cases where you really need to use the C Model Interface, so I'd first be sure that you can't implement what you're trying to do another way (say with VerilogA).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.