The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 10:49am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Renetlist the schematic in ocean (Read 169 times)
avlsi
Community Member

singapore
Renetlist the schematic in ocean
Sep 03rd, 2009, 11:30pm

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to netlist the schematic using OCEAN?

I am using cadence 6.1.3 environment.I tried to specify the design() using lib,cell,view and createnetlist command. But it is not able to renetlist.

Thanks in advance.

Winners never Quit,Quitters never Win
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Renetlist the schematic in ocean
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2009, 3:55am

In IC5141 there was a restriction that you couldn't use the design(lib cell view) form in the ocean executable. That's no longer the case in IC613, so it should be possible to renetlist. Normally that would be done with createNetlist(?recreateAll t). Is that what you were doing?

Which simulator are you using? It might not  a difference if you were using AMS Cell-based netlisting...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
avlsi
Community Member

singapore
Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2009, 11:57pm

I am using Spectre simulator.

In my oceanscript..

simulator('spectre)
design(lib,cell,view)
-----------line3
analysis()
desVar()
-----------line6
run()

At which place(line3/line6) should the command createNetlist(?reCreateAll t) be used? Which one makes more sense?

I am not able to renetlist by executing the oceanscript in a terminal, where as in CIW with the load command it is able to renetlist.

Please let me know..if i am missing anything.

Winners never Quit,Quitters never Win
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2010, 7:31am

It depends on whether you want the resulting netlist input.scs to contain the design variables and analysis statements. If at line 3 it won't contain the analysis statements or design variables; if at line 6 it will. However, since the run() statement is present, it will produce the input.scs with the analyses and design variables anyway.

So the createNetlist(?recreateAll t) is purely for the purpose of forcing a renetlisting, rather than rely on the incremental netlister. Therefore it shouldn't matter where you put it.

You can use this (in IC5141) by doing:

icfb -restore oceanScript.ocn

You cannot (as I said before) use the ocean executable in IC5141 because that doesn't have the ability to netlist (it does in IC613 though).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.