The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
importing spectre or hspice netlists to create a simulatable view (Read 2309 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

importing spectre or hspice netlists to create a simulatable view
Sep 16th, 2009, 1:19am

Hi All,

I can generate spectre and/or hspice netlists from my RCX tool. Now I would like to be able to create a cellview out of these which I can simulate directly by declaring it in the viewname. I am using Cadence 6.1 and Analog Design Environment.

I tried to create an hspice view but I do not see the resulting backannotated view included in my netlist, and only the schematic is being taken. Any tips?

Thanks,

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: importing spectre or hspice netlists to create a simulatable view
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2009, 5:07am

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Re: importing spectre or hspice netlists to create a simulatable view
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2009, 10:49pm

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the link. Actually, I already tried out all those methods. I had asked a similar question long ago and had tried using the solutions posted then, both the method using scasubckt, and the other one creating a spectre view, updating CDF etc.

It turns out that the problem requires another solution which is due to some mixing and hacking used by the vendor supplying my design kit. So I needed to use a custom script which is supplied for this task. However, your other solutions remain relevant in general.

Thanks,

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.