The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 8:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to evaluate the PSRR for a current output signal? (Read 2493 times)
subgold
Community Member

how to evaluate the PSRR for a current output signal?
Sep 22nd, 2009, 9:43am

i have a bias current generator. the output current is copied to many branches via current mirrors, and will be used through different resistors and diode connected transistors.

now i want to check the influence of the supply voltage fluctuation on the generated current. i just use a 'xf' simulation to check it. however, different PSRR values appear at different current branches (i already normalize the value to the unit current), which implies that the PSRR of this current is also depending on the property of the load. is this true? or are there any other more reasonable way to check the PSRR of this current output?

thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: how to evaluate the PSRR for a current output signal?
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2009, 9:36pm

hi,
   psrr at every node in case current mirror is depends on the size of mosfet, if every branch current is same then psrr should be same...

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
subgold
Community Member

Re: how to evaluate the PSRR for a current output signal?
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2009, 5:24am

raja.cedt wrote on Sep 22nd, 2009, 9:36pm:
hi,
   psrr at every node in case current mirror is depends on the size of mosfet, if every branch current is same then psrr should be same...

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

hi,

which mosfet are you referring to? the mirror transistor or the diode-connected transistor? and actually in my case neither of those is identical in every branch.

thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.