The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 6:41am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulators & Models (Read 2602 times)
ktailor

Simulators & Models
Sep 25th, 2009, 5:21am

Hi
Can u please tell me names of all simulators that support Verilog-AMS ?

Also, can Verilog-AMS do transistor level simulation using any SPICE or BSIM MOSFET model ? If yes , it limited to only few number of transitors or any number ?

Please reply ...
Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: Simulators & Models
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2009, 11:33am

Hi kt,

I'm not able to tell all simulators in the world that deal with verilog-AMS.
I'm able though to tell that AMS Designer (a Cadence tool) deals with Verilog-AMS very well. I am working with AMS Designer in the virtuoso use model as far as I'm concerned.

Verilog-AMS is a behavioral modeling language, not a SPICE level language. But using AMS Designer, you can simulate part of your design at transistor level, ysunig BSIM/PSP models along with digital RTL along with mised-signal models ... etc.

In other words, the Verilog-AMS language does not support BSIM but the AMS environment lets you do it.

Assuming I have understood your question ...

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
ktailor

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2009, 10:15pm

Hi Riad,
Thanks for your reply.
Its enough to begin with.

-kt

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2009, 10:46am

It is possible to write BSIM4 in Verilog-A(MS); in fact, the next-generation MOSFET model "PSP" is released officially in Verilog-A (rather than C code for Spice3f5, as for BSIM4).

Some simulators are able to simulate transistor-level Verilog-A circuits just fine.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.