The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 4:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte carlo simulations (Read 1741 times)
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Monte carlo simulations
Sep 28th, 2009, 10:02pm

hi,
   i have the following basic doubts regarding Monte Carlo sims.
1.I heard that some model files contains both mismatch and corner variations, so as soon as you run Monte you will get both corners and Monte results. Is it true?

2.How to decide how many runs we have to do for Monte, what i do is run for 300 and 400, if sigma is converging and max value is equal to U+3*(sigma) then that is right point

3.What are the circuit techniques to handle Monte? Is there any reference available?

Thanks for your time
rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Vladislav D
Community Member

The Netherlands
Re: Monte carlo simulations
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2009, 9:54pm

1. Commonly, Corners and Monte Carlo are the different  types of simulation. You can do Monte in different corners separately. However, as a rule, Monte is done only in the typical  corner.
2. Number of run it is just the matter of accuracy. With 100 runs you accuracy is about 1%.
a. As a rule, Vth mismatches decrease with 1/sqrt(W x L)
b. For the MOS transistors, mismatches are worse in a weak inversion  
c. The stress sensitivity of Vbe or Vgs voltages is proportional to their charge carrier mobility, making PMOS or PNP transistors with symmetric topology pproximately 3 times less sensitive to the mechanical stress then NMOS or NPN ones.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.