The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 10:34pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
amplifier design for 100M of GBW product n Rout=100, gain>80 (Read 2160 times)
rajesh14

tuni, andhra pradesh
amplifier design for 100M of GBW product n Rout=100, gain>80
Oct 17th, 2009, 3:01am

hi to one n all

i m trying to design the amplifier to meet above specifications in cadence tool...
my idea is to go with cascode amplifier n to connect the output to the source follower , but i m not able to design it in the way what i think...
can anyone help me out ..?

thanks for ur time... Smiley

View Profile rajesh14   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: amplifier design for 100M of GBW product n Rout=100, gain>80
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2009, 4:58am

hi,
   whats your load cap and what process your working for?
   basically for any op amp design you start with diff amp with current mirror load, so now the bandwidth what you get is the final one it wont change with cascode or any thing. If you are not happy with the gain then go for cascode. what parameter you are not able get, if you didn't get required BW then burn more power.

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: amplifier design for 100M of GBW product n Rout=100, gain>80
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2009, 12:38pm

Hi Rajesh,

Most of the analog books are helpful to get you sorted out. You must consider the allowed current consumtion for your amplifier and most importantly get it stable. Higher static gains are very likely to put you into oscillation !

BTW, I don't think this is the right forum to ask, you better go into the analog design. Once you have thought of the architecture then simulation wise is something we can handle in here.

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.