The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 10:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
can i do nyquist criterion in cadence (Read 1125 times)
cczhang

can i do nyquist criterion in cadence
Oct 23rd, 2009, 1:07am

hi  i want to know can i do nyquist criterion in cadence. the version of cadence is ic5141. if it can be done, ple tell me how to do it. thanks very much

and also i want to know how to start stb simulation in cadence. thanks

zcc

View Profile   IP Logged
buddypoor
Community Fellow

Bremen, Germany
Re: can i do nyquist criterion in cadence
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2009, 1:16am

cczhang wrote on Oct 23rd, 2009, 1:07am:
hi  i want to know can i do nyquist criterion in cadence. the version of cadence is ic5141. if it can be done, ple tell me how to do it. thanks very much

and also i want to know how to start stb simulation in cadence. thanks

zcc

Of course, you can. All you need is an ac analysis and the capability to draw the imaginary part of the loop gain vs. the real part.

LvW (buddypoor: In memory of the great late Buddy Rich)
View Profile   IP Logged
cczhang

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2009, 1:39am

Of course, you can. All you need is an ac analysis and the capability to draw the imaginary part of the loop gain vs. the real part. [/quote]

hi ,could you explain more details how to use? thanks
for example how can i get the trans function of loop gain and how can i draw the imaginary part of the loop gain vs. the real part?

View Profile   IP Logged
buddypoor
Community Fellow

Bremen, Germany
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2009, 2:59am

cczhang wrote on Oct 23rd, 2009, 1:39am:
for example how can i get the trans function of loop gain and how can i draw the imaginary part of the loop gain vs. the real part?

I am afraid you are not very familiar with the subject - and therefore, itīs not easy to explain in detail the meaning resp. simulation alternatives for loop gain. I am not working with Cadence, but with a lot of other simulation programs - nevertheless I am sure that you can ask cadence to plot IM(L(s)) if L(s) is the loop gain.  And than you can change the x-axis to show R(L(s)). And this gives you the NYQUIST plot.
I repeat: At first you have to become familiar with the term loop gain - and how to simulate it. This item has been discussed very often in this forum.
Regards + good luck.

LvW (buddypoor: In memory of the great late Buddy Rich)
View Profile   IP Logged
cczhang

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2009, 5:54pm

thanks very much.

View Profile   IP Logged
larry flowers

toronto
Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2012, 7:04am

Hi

If you just want results for some application purpose and this simulation is not specific to just cadence ;  then i think you can do this better at MAT-LAB simmulink. Mat lab has built in function for Feedback loop gain.

For 'gain' : It is the measure of ability of a system to increase its output (Power , Amplitude) with respect to Input.
For 'Loop gain' :  If this gain is controlled by some feed back then it is called loop gain.

Remember adding Loop to some system decreases its overall gain.

Nyquist Criterion :  It tells whether the system under consideration is stable or not and if not stable what changes can be done to make it stable !

This is actually dealing with complex variables in terms of systems  ;)
and Plotting results.

thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2012, 9:32am

larry flowers wrote on Oct 5th, 2012, 7:04am:
... Mat lab has built in function for Feedback loop gain.
So does Cadence.

- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.