The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 3rd, 2024, 12:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
big output files for spectre (Read 791 times)
Evgenii
Community Member

big output files for spectre
Nov 23rd, 2009, 8:14am

hi guys!
I have some problem. I simulate CC-cupled netlist with spectreMDL and use many mdl altergroups. Output RAW directory contains  too much files with big sizes, say, 15-150mb per file. Finally, simulator stopped, when total size of RAW directory, say, amount to 4Gb. AWD browser also stand useless.
Who know some spectre keywords or something else...
(ps it is desirable to save previous simulation results)  
thanks !

« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2009, 1:43am by Evgenii »  
View Profile   IP Logged
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Re: big output files for spectre
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2009, 8:22am

One way is to reduce size of file itself.  You can be selective in saving the voltage and current signals.

-CA

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2009, 12:11am

Hi Evgenii,

You problem does not sound quite alright for me.
Best is to share it with your Cadence Application Engineer by telling your Cadence and Spectre versions, i.e spctre-W and icfb -W.

I don't see any reason for this spectreMDL to hit an upper size limit.

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2010, 12:41am

The most likely explanation is that you ran out of disk space or exceeded your disk quota. There's no upper limit with spectre to file sizes. Even if you're using the old "chunk" mode, it will split large transient files into multiple files when it reaches 2G for each file. I don't see why there should be a limit to the size of the directory.

Other possible limits could be if you have "descriptors" set rather low (run the unix "limit" command to see) and that is limiting the maximum number of files that can be open. The only time I've seen that happening is with pac/pxf type results from spectreRF, and even then only when you are saving hundreds of harmonics.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.