The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:01pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bsim in verilog-A (Read 4559 times)
acabe

bsim in verilog-A
Dec 01st, 2009, 11:56am

I was curious if anyone knew of any freely available bsim model translated into verilog-A.  I saw an old article on this forum some time ago mentioning that the company Silvaco had one that you could download, however I cannot find it on their site.  The link is :

http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1169677425

Any help would be appreciated!

Adam

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Re: bsim in verilog-A
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 1:11am

Hi Adam,

Check the following link. Silvaco provides a download link down in the conclusion section. I think you need an account to download the models though. Give it a try ...

http://www.silvaco.com/tech_lib/simulationstandard/2004/jan/a1/a1.html

Just out of interest, why don't you look at PSP instead of BSIM4 ?
PSP is the 3rd generation industry standard compact modeling by the CMC and is natively written in verilog-A. PSP is a physical model, i.e not fitting mathematics, no empirical parameters ... etc.

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
acabe

Re: bsim in verilog-A
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2009, 8:28am

Hi Riad, thanks for the response.  I tried looking through that site earlier, and even after registering, I was unable to find a download link for the Verilog-A BSIM model. I'll try sending them another email to see if they have it tucked away somewhere.

I have thought about using the PSP model and the MOS 11 model, however these are both surface potential based models. I was hoping to emulate the effect of device aging through shifting the threshold voltage in the BSIM model. This explicit threshold voltage value does not exist in these newer surface potential models. Maybe I need to rethink my strategy on this.

Thanks!

Adam

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.