The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 1:34am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is there a free SPICE parameter set for integrated MOS design? (Read 3289 times)
Daniel

Germany
Is there a free SPICE parameter set for integrated MOS design?
Dec 21st, 2009, 6:35am

Does anybody know of a free SPICE parameter set for integrated MOS design, which can be used as a reference in a textbook for students introducing integrated MOS circuit design? I plan to write and publish a textbook that summerizes a university course. In this course we internally use the 2 parameter sets from cmosedu.com for some years (http://cmosedu.com/cmos1/cmosedu_models.txt). Unfortunately there is no copyright information about this file and no legal information on the website. It is essential to include a parameterset accompanying with the textbook but until now I have not found a MOS parameter set that is distributed under a free license.
I would be glad if anybody can help. Thank you in advance! Daniel

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Is there a free SPICE parameter set for integrated MOS design?
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:01pm

there are many out there - may I suggest that you take one of the ones publicly available (see mosis or other locations) and remove any "foundry specific" identifiers and be done with it?

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Daniel

Germany
Reply #2 - Dec 23rd, 2009, 1:43am

yes, you are right, but I think the values of each SPICE parameter set is like a fingerprint of the manufacturer and you only get these parameters by signing an NDA or a license/customer agreement at MOSIS or somewhere else. Even if I write a completely new text file using these parameters the fingerprint will be still there.

The core question is, if it is already ok for my textbook publication to remove ALL hints from the manufacturer and only fine tune some important parameters like VTH. I feel uncomfortable with this. Because of this I asked for a kind of "open source" CMOS parameter set (unfortunately my investigations came to nothing so far).

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Reply #3 - Dec 23rd, 2009, 5:41am

hi yowe,
           you can take many files from PTM site
http://ptm.asu.edu/

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Daniel

Germany
Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2009, 5:53am

WOW! WOW! WOW!  Cheesy

THIS is absolutely fantastic! THANK YOU!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.