The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
spectreVerilog crashing! (Read 6649 times)
rajdeep

UK
spectreVerilog crashing!
Jan 26th, 2010, 6:34am

Hi all,

I am running a chip level sim with spectreVerilog. I am also trying to read VCD file. For some strange reason the sim is crashing once the VCD file starts sending its data with an error message stating: internal assertion failed in devices.c at line no 4056. Please run `getSpectreFiles' or send the netlist, the spectre log file, the behavioral model files, and any other information that can help identify the problem to support@cadence.com.

I am sorry I am not able to give the exact error message as I have started another sim at the same place after changing from 32 bit to 64 bit option hoping it would help!!

But in general, can anyone share some experience abt this kind of error message?

Thanks!
Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
rajdeep

UK
Re: spectreVerilog crashing!
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2010, 7:28am

Hi there!

This is the error message:
Internal error found in spectre at time = 6.99849 ms during transient analysis `tran'.  Please run `getSpectreFiles' or send the netlist, the spectre log file, the behavioral model files, and any other information that can help identify the problem to support@cadence.com.
   FATAL (CMI-2010): Assertion failed in file `devices.c' at line 5872.
   FATAL (SPECTRE-21): Assertion failed.

Can anyone help me to avoid this problem? Like if there are any gen methods to handle such problems??

Thanks!
Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2010, 10:26am

AFAIK, the "general method" to handle this is to send the test case to Cadence.  It's not like the source code (devices.c) is available to you.

At best, you might be able to guess what device is causing the problem (CMI-2010 may indicate it's a device loaded via CMI rather than built-in), but I don't know what you'd do with that info.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 11:21am

The CMI-2010 error code unfortunately is not that specific. It's a bit of a catch-all... The line in the code might help us (Cadence debug it), but at the very least we'd need to know what subversion of spectre you're using.

The best thing would be to contact Cadence customer support as the message actually suggests you to do, as Geoffrey pointed out.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.