The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 2:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help with analysizing a opamp model (Read 4350 times)
urian

help with analysizing a opamp model
Apr 12th, 2010, 10:14am

hi,there
Recently i find a model of ideal opamp building with ideal components from analogLib in cadence IC5.It is shown below.
I think the net A and B are equal to inp and inn,so what's the effect of the two vcvs connecting them? Is it necessary? So as the net C and D,E and F.I think they are also equal with each other.So what does the second and third vcvs components perform? The gains of vcvs are all set to 1

And with the cmdmprobe component be placed in the end while the CMDM parameter be set to -1,dose it is used for the differential loop gain simulation?Like using a stb analysis to see the gain and phase of the closed-loop(open-loop?)?

BTW,I find there is iprobes in the cmdmprobe.Coz I dont use iprobe before.I guess that iprobe is a replacement of Middlebrook' method for loop stimulation.So I need not to inject a AC source and large res or cap or inductor like the classic method do,is it right?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards
urian
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2010, 9:12pm by urian »  

ooo.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
ray_wang

Shanghai
Re: help with analysizing a opamp model
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2010, 7:12pm

For the 1st question, vcvs is to provide infinite driving capability and zero capacitance and zero resistance. I think A & B is unnecessary, while C & D, E & F are necessary. After deleting A & B, C & D is to ensure "virtual open" and E & F is to ensure the TF of the opamp will be unchanged with your load.

View Profile   IP Logged
urian

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2010, 9:25pm

Thanks,ray_wang.
If I use probe to test the stability of loop with stb analysis in spectre,need I inject a AC source in the loop,or just place the iprobe?

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2010, 4:54am

You do not need an AC source. Simply point the stb analysis at the iprobe (in fact if you use ADE, point at the cmdmprobe instance; it figures out which component within the cmdmprobe to probe automatically).

The iprobe is just a zero-volt source (a current probe) and the stability analysis takes care of injecting the signal at that point and measuring at that point (it identifies the loop to measure the loop gain).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.