The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:43am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
verilogams simuation error (Read 2029 times)
liletian
Community Member

MD
verilogams simuation error
May 10th, 2010, 3:22pm

Hi Guys
 I generated a diode through verilogAMS. However, when I simulate the diode, I saw the following error to even generate the netlist. Does anyone have idea what is going on here and how to fix it?
 I attached the error screen.
 Thank you

// VerilogA for test, diode, veriloga

`include "constants.vams"
`include "disciplines.vams"

module diode (a, c);
                                             // saturation current (A)
  parameter real is=10f from (0:inf);
                                             // forward transit time (s)
  parameter real tf=0 from [0:inf);
                                             // zero-bias junction capacitance (F)
  parameter real cjo=0 from [0:inf);
                                             // built-in junction potential (V)
  parameter real phi=0.7 exclude 0;
  inout a, c;
  electrical a, c;
  branch (a, c) res, cap;
  real qd;
  analog begin
       l(res) <+ is*(limexp(V(res)/$vt) -1);
       qd = tf*l(res)-2*cjo*phi*sqrt(1-V(cap)/phi);
       l(cap) <+ ddt(qd);
  end
endmodule

Screenshot_008.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: verilogams simuation error
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2010, 7:42am

Just a stupid question perhaps, but did you do a "Check and Save" of your schematic view? You do need to instantiate the diode in a schematic view to be able to simulate it. Try to retrace the steps in creating the diode model and the instance of it in the schematic. Create a new, empty library as needed. Try to use the model from the ahdlLib (diode_sch) if you still run into problems.

You are using IC5 to see from the screen shot. Check that in the library for the diode you have a veriloga view (verilogams doesn't make sense for the model you have) and that the model text is contained in a file called veriloga.va (<library>/<cell>/veriloga/veriloga.va).

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
liletian
Community Member

MD
Re: verilogams simuation error
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2010, 8:02am

no, it does not work. I believe it is because of the software configuration.
thank you anyway
Marq Kole wrote on May 12th, 2010, 7:42am:
Just a stupid question perhaps, but did you do a "Check and Save" of your schematic view? You do need to instantiate the diode in a schematic view to be able to simulate it. Try to retrace the steps in creating the diode model and the instance of it in the schematic. Create a new, empty library as needed. Try to use the model from the ahdlLib (diode_sch) if you still run into problems.

You are using IC5 to see from the screen shot. Check that in the library for the diode you have a veriloga view (verilogams doesn't make sense for the model you have) and that the model text is contained in a file called veriloga.va (<library>/<cell>/veriloga/veriloga.va).

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.