The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 8:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
verilog-ams variable in cadence calculator (Read 4147 times)
Cri Azzolini
Community Member

University of Parma, Italy
verilog-ams variable in cadence calculator
May 11th, 2010, 5:20am

Hi all,
can I pick up a verilog-ams variable from cadence caiculator?
I would like to plot its behaviour along with other signals (voltage/currents).
On the Calculator user-reference doc I was not able to find out how to do that.

Any hint?
Thanks,
   Cristiano

View Profile WWW cri.azzolini   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: verilog-ams variable in cadence calculator
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2010, 8:03am

Hi,

If you open the results browser from the calculator and go to the variable you want to use (assuming you have saved it to the PSF with the saveahdlvars option in Spectre) you can right-click the mouse button when you have selected it. This will bring up a drop-down menu where the bottom item is "calculator". Clicking on this will make the variable available in the calculator. You get an entry starting with "getData" - I'm not sure this is easily to reproduce in an OCEAN script but it will get you the data you need in the calculator.

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Cri Azzolini
Community Member

University of Parma, Italy
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2010, 8:26am

Hi Marq,
actually I cannot see the Verilog-A variables there. I can see only the design variables (I checked the "saveahdlvars all" option).
Does it work for AHDL only?

Thanks,
Cristiano

View Profile WWW cri.azzolini   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2010, 12:50am

Hi Cri,

Then I think you should first concentrate on getting the Verilog-A variables in the PSF. It has nothing to do with AHDL - that has been supported since Spectre 5.x. The saveahdlvars is really for Verilog-A variables.

Are you running a transient? I've seen this problem before - but I don't exactly remember how to solve it. You should probably check the log file and see if it tries to save stuff in SST2 format (which it does by default for transient-only). You could then try to force the use of PSFbin by a command-line option or by adding a DC analysis. If this doesn't work check with Cadence...

Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.