The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 8:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to model the PSRR of a voltage reference (Read 2193 times)
mowiehowie

how to model the PSRR of a voltage reference
May 18th, 2010, 12:24pm

Hi all

I've been trying  to model the PSRR of a voltage reference without sucess. Has anyone, here, done it before ?

I've got an ouput voltage that is taken from a look-up table, and need to add an equation taking into account the variations on the power supply. The PSRR is 40dB, i.e, any variations on the power supply will reflect at the output, attenuated by a factor of 100.

I've tried heaps of different ways and just couldn't make it. Need some help. Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
mowiehowie

Re: how to model the PSRR of a voltage reference
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2010, 2:05pm

Well, I made it up by adding a capacitor branch (c1,c2) that will be charged with 0.01*vdd and adding this branch voltage to the output, so this way it will ignore the DC level of the power supply, taking into account only the variations.

I'm not sure it's a good approximation though.

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: how to model the PSRR of a voltage reference
Reply #2 - May 19th, 2010, 7:27am

The model you created will have a 1/f transfer function if it really is a capacitor. I would expect PSRR to be a frequency dependent value in which case you could also try to model it using a laplace_* function, as long as it has a pole at s=0 to decouple the DC levels.

Cheers,
Marq

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.