The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 12:49pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
vpi_user.h (Read 3531 times)
ezplz

vpi_user.h
Aug 02nd, 2010, 8:12am

Hello everyone,

I need the latest and the greatest copy (print or soft) of vpi_user.h file referenced in Verilog-AMS version 2.3 standard. I had expected the file content to be part of the standard, but unfortunately it isn't there. If I look at 1364-2005, it is old definition for digital stuff. Where can I find one?

EZ

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: vpi_user.h
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2010, 5:18am

Did you look in 1800-2009 (the successor to 1364)?

Did you look in your simulator's include directory?  (I know that eg constants.vams, which is in an appendix of the V-AMS LRM, is also found in the include directory for some simulators I use.)

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ezplz

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2010, 2:11pm

Yeah I have been there too, P1800-2009 is strictly digital and therefore it's definition of vpi_user.h header too. So no use of it.

EZ

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2010, 6:50am

Does the V-AMS LRM indicate that there are AMS extensions to the vpi?  (I have never wanted nor tried vpi.)

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.