The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to flush out the buffer in verilog A? (Read 4282 times)
Irvin73

Israel
how to flush out the buffer in verilog A?
Sep 27th, 2010, 10:19am

Hi,
I run relatively long transient spectre simulation with some verilog-A block which on each "cycle" of simulation should print data to the log file. Like in following example -

Code:
@(cross(V(CNT_RST)-vth, +1)) begin
           // ... some code here
	   $fwrite(logFile,"%d\t%.2f\t%.2f\t%.2f\n", row_index, cds_code,reset_code,signal_code)

end   

The problem is that the log file updated only after the simulation completes, and I want to do monitoring of the log during the simulation. I think there is some way to control the flushing of the buffer, can anyone help with this?

Tnanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: how to flush out the buffer in verilog A?
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2010, 6:04am

Try
$fflush(logFile);

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Irvin73

Israel
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2010, 6:36am

It works, many thanks!

Interesting thing - this function is not documented, at least I can't find it in "Cadence®Verilog®-A Language Reference" pdf (2006). Is my documentation obsolete? Smiley

Thanks again for quick and useful response.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2010, 8:45am

I found this in the IEEE 1800-2009 standard.

I know some vendors implement features like this in their (digital) Verilog simulators, and then I guess it's an easy port to add to their analog or AMS simulators.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.