The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:26pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ocean script vs. Ocean XL script (Read 4142 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Ocean script vs. Ocean XL script
Nov 26th, 2010, 3:07am

Hi Guys,

When I tried to create a ocean script of Monte Carlo simulation in IC61. It is ocean XL script, which I saved by choosing File --> Save Script in ADE XL. But for simpler simulations, I mean NOT corner analysis or Monte Carlo, it is ocean script. An ocean script is saved by choosing Session --> Save Ocean Script... in ADE L. I looked into both scripts. They are in different format/syntax.

It is easy to read ocean script. May I run monte carlo simulation using ocean script?

BTW, it is IC6.1 + MMSIM 10.1.

Thanks in advance.
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Ocean script vs. Ocean XL script
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2011, 2:44am

Yawei,

I already answer this question privately, but for the benefit of others...

In IC61, you can continue to use the IC5141 monteCarlo(), monteExpr(), and monteRun() functions - but these are really only intended for legacy scripts. Monte Carlo is now part of ADE XL (rather than an extension to ADE L as it was in IC5141) because this provides a lot of additional capability. As a result, it would normally be run as an OCEAN XL script - this allows multiple tests (i.e. multiple testbenches), with definition of specifications, and with the ability to run monte carlo over corners (which you couldn't do with IC5141).

It might appear more complex, but if you familiarize yourself with the additional features of ADE XL, the benefits are definitely worthwhile.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.