The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 2:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AMS and monte-carlo (Read 2636 times)
sutapanaki
Community Member

AMS and monte-carlo
Feb 10th, 2011, 4:54pm

Hi,

I face an unexpected problem here and hope you can help me resovle it. I’m simulating a circuit in which I have instantiated a veriloga/ms block. That block apart from many other things also writes into a file. I must run monte-carlo simulations on that circuit and I rely on the data written to the file to extract statistics and do more processing. I was hoping that I’ll get a separate file for every monte-carlo run (my MC simulation has 100 runs) but it seems that spectre over-writes the files during every MC run. Is there a way that I can get separate files for each and every MC run or is there a way that the data from every MC run gets appended into a single file?
I’m running my simulation in distributed mode on the network so I guess at any moment there are at least 4 MC runs running.

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: AMS and monte-carlo
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2011, 12:28am

Put a %A into your filename (this inserts the analysis name) and select "Save Data Between Runs to Allow Family Plots".

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
sutapanaki
Community Member

Re: AMS and monte-carlo
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2011, 3:30am

Thanks. Works!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.