The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 2:26pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transconductance gm in angelov model (Read 1214 times)
Kem

Transconductance gm in angelov model
Jun 09th, 2011, 5:13am

Hi all,

I'm working with the Angelov model and i must expand it. I have to use transconductance gm and i have calculated it as follow:

gm = ddx (Ids, V (g)).

gm seems Somehow  to be allways  0 even though it should not be.

Has anyone ever had this problem? how can i solve it ?
Thanks in advance

kem

View Profile   IP Logged
marekm

Re: Transconductance gm in angelov model
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2011, 9:53am

The ddx() of a state variable will be 0. I suspect you want to use something that has a direct algebraic dependence on V(g).

BTW, we work with Prof. Angelov on keeping his model (and the GaN version) up-to-date, see the design kit http://www.tiburon-da.com/design_kits/Angelov_DK.zip

You can see how we get gm in that model. It's an ADS design kit, but you can unzip and then find the models in the veriloga directory.

Marek Mierzwinski
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2011, 1:27am

Marek,
    How can you say that the derivative of Ids with respect to V(g) is zero without knowing how Ids relates to V(g)?

Kem,
    How can anyone help you when give so little information?

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Kem

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2011, 2:35am

@ Marekm,
Thanks a lot for replying. That's exactly what i need: the last section. I'm trying to understand it. I have to implement the pucel and pospiezalski equation in angelov. and i would like for verification to calculate each noise model  using the parameter of the other one.

@ ken
i want to expand the angelov model  with the noise equation of pospiezalski and pucel . The Pucel equation look at the gate like
: Cgs0_T * Cgs0_T * 4.0 * `P_K * T * NoiseR / gm.

i have realised gm=ddx(Ids,V(g)) allways return a zero.

kem

View Profile   IP Logged
marekm

Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2011, 11:14am

Hi Ken,

My answer was specific to the Angelov model (which I'm familiar with and in that specific model, Ids = V(xt2)). Sorry for the confusion,

Marek

Marek Mierzwinski
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2011, 12:22pm

Marek,
   Oh, I see. You do know how Ids relates to V(g).

Kem,
   Can you see how nobody but Merek could answer your question, and he could only answer it because he had detailed knowledge about the model that you did not give. Asking for help like you did is a bit of an art, and to maximize the chance of getting a meaningful answer, you have to give enough information so that people who are not intimately familiar with what you are doing can help you. That means you have to give more information. At a minimum, you should have given enough of the model so that we could see the relationship between Ids and V(g).

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.