The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 11:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simulating pulse width variation (Read 1194 times)
sutapanaki
Community Member

simulating pulse width variation
Jun 21st, 2011, 10:11pm

Hi,

I have a circuit that basically produces pulses with a pulse width depending on a control voltage. I use spectre to simulate it. I need to simulate the variation of the pulse width w.r.t. power supply variations. My idea was (and I may be wrong here) to perform pss-pac simulation having an ac voltage at the supply. For that I created a veriloga block which I included in the circuit. That block measures the pulse-width and outputs that value as an output voltage. The problem is that if I use last_crossing in combination with @ cross for better accuracy, pss doesn't like it and says there are hidden states. If I use only last_crossing then simulation goes through but the pulse-width the pss extracts is wrong.
I would appreciate if someone can suggest a way to perform that pulse-width measurement.
Thank you in advance.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.