The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:42am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2nd order low pass filter in matlab (Read 5306 times)
singh
Community Member

2nd order low pass filter in matlab
Nov 2nd, 2011, 9:02am

how to omplement 2nd order low pass filter??

i want to check noise due to amplifier and have got rms value of the noise transfer function vs frequency as 2 |sin(x)| . i want to multiply this rms value with the low pass filter to check the noise of amplifier (which is from 0 to some frequency as flicker noise,then white noise )...this can be done using 1st order or 2nd ordr low pass,..how to implement 2nd order low pass filter in matlab?

please help regarding this

« Last Edit: Nov 03rd, 2011, 8:43am by singh »  
View Profile   IP Logged
rfcooltools.com

Re: 2nd order low pass filter in matlab
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2011, 11:48am

singh,

I am not sure why the noise vs frequency you stated is 2*|sin(x)| the noise transfer function vs frequency would probably be something similar to N(s)=Const*(1+s/f1f)/(s)
For the filter you know the order so you pick the type by using butter, cheb, ellip etc obtain coefficients of numerator and denominator of the filter polynomial.  Then generate the filter by calling freqs to check the response of just the filter.   freqs returns a vector H at omega, multiply 20*log(H*N(omega)).  

http://rfcooltools.com

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.