The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 3:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monte Carlo missing in ADE L for Cadence 6.1.4. (Read 7244 times)
Jacki

Monte Carlo missing in ADE L for Cadence 6.1.4.
Dec 02nd, 2011, 8:37am

Hello,

I am just using Cadence 6.1.4, not familiar with the new version, but I think there should not be too much difference compared with Cadence 5.

In Cadence 6, there are ADE L, ADE XL, and ADE GXL. At the beginning, I start with ADE L to run simulation. But later I cannot find Monte Carlo simulation in ADE L as the usualy place in Cadence 5.

In ADE XL, I can find the Monte Carlo simulation, but when I run the ADE XL even for simple AC and DC simulation, the window is frozen, it seems the simulator is dead. But when I check my process, it seems the simulator doesn't run, because cpu works in 1% or less.

Anybody can help me to find the problems? Or maybe in ADE L there is Monte Carlo in Cadence 6, but I cannot find it currently. If there is Monte Carlo in ADE L for Cadence 6, please point it out.

By the way, I check with the IT support, it seems my account is fine, and the setting is good as well.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

Jacki

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: Monte Carlo missing in ADE L for Cadence 6.1.4.
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:22pm

Jacki,

I have run Monte Carlo before in IC614, so basically it should be
working. You might want  to talk to your support team. For info on
licensing, ask your Sales rep.

Best Regards,

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2011, 3:15am

Hello sheldon,

Thank you for your comments.

Do you mean in Cadence 6, ADE L, it is possible to run Monte Carlo. Because I check several times, in ADE XL it is possible to run Monte Carlo. But in ADE L, Monte Carlo is missing, is it due to the license missing?

Thanks again.

Jacki

View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2011, 12:21pm

Hello,

I get feedback from Cadence, according to the definition of Cadence 6, there is no Monte Carlo in ADE L. Therefore if I want to use Monte Carlo, I have to use ADE XL or ADE GXL to run the simulation. But now, I have no answers why the window is frozen when I run ADE XL.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2011, 8:39am

Hello,

I go to the local directory ./logs_username to check the log file "Job0.log", there is error message
--------------------------------------------------------------------
\o ERROR (ADEXL-5051): The ADE XL remote process (ICRP) was unable to communicate with the host (GUI) session.
\o Message: ADEXL ICRP could not initialize a MPS (TCP) handle to the source machine, exiting
\o ADE XL uses the Cadence Message Passing Subsystem (MPS), a RPC system that communicates over TCP,
\o to communicate between the remote process and the source machine.  Ensure that TCP communication
\o is available between the source and remote machines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to the solution from Cadence
http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionNu...
it can be the firewall to block the communication because I cannot open firefox either.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.