The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 12:29pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectre don't recognize "0" as gnd? (Read 3197 times)
mjun0mjun

Spectre don't recognize "0" as gnd?
Dec 06th, 2011, 6:40am

Hi guys,

I met a problem in my post_simulation which cost me much time. I used Calibre to extract parasitic parameters. And in the generated Calibre view I find something strange, that is, all the parasitic capacitors to ground are connected to node '0', not my ground in the design--'agnd', and the node '0' is connected to the 'agnd' through a capacitor. Part of the printscreen of the Calibre view is shown in the figure 0_gnd.JPG below. What's more, I simulate the voltage of the node '0', which is not constant zero, but changes with time. So all the simulation results are wrong. Could someone help me figure this out?

Thank you~~
Ma Jun    

0_gnd.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
ahutianyi

Re: Spectre don't recognize "0" as gnd?
Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2011, 7:00am

I got the same problem which confused me so much.Waiting for someone to give the solution. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
rfidea

Europe
Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2011, 2:39am

Try the Calibre support at Mentor Graphics!

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2012, 7:26am

I agree with rfidea -- it's probably a configuration setup error on your part with Calibre.  Ie, maybe you're supposed to specify the name of your ground note in the setup, and it defaults to 0 because you failed to specify it.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.