The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADE can't find veriloga view (Read 133 times)
Charlie

ADE can't find veriloga view
Dec 12th, 2011, 2:02pm

I have generated a veriloga view for my schematic in Cadence environment.  The spectre netlister can't find the veriloga view.  It can find my schematic view and the veriloga view is in the same cell.

I have changed my switch view list to have veriloga first.  I even put veriloga in the stop view list (first).

I also tried making a config file and specifying which block to use veriloga for but the issue is the same.

I'm guessing that I have some sort of larger setup issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: ADE can't find veriloga view
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2011, 3:37am

Hi Charlie,
Verilog-A views are preprocessed after closing the editor. You should get a report on syntax checking etc. Only after this has completed successfully you can use the view.

Do you use a config view?
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Charlie

Re: ADE can't find veriloga view
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2011, 9:11am

Hi BOE,

Turns out Cadence required that I open and close the veriloga file again before it would recognize it.  Weird that I'd have to do it twice.  Since then I've had no problems.

Thanks,
Charlie

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.