The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LDO using verilog-A (Read 1253 times)
sri.sagar

LDO using verilog-A
Jan 30th, 2012, 9:06pm

Hi All,

Actually I need to do behavioral modeling of LDO using Verilog-A. Since I am new to it I thought to get familiar with the process using Cadence SpectreVerilog tool.
so I written a Verilog-A code for a simple INVERTER & tried to simulate. I followed the procedure for the below link

http://www.ee.siue.edu/~jwade/tutorial/cadence_mixed-signal/ams_tutorial.html

I did all the steps in the above tutorial & at the end while I am trying to simulate the schematic I am getting the following error.

"The design does not have any interface nets connecting analog and digital components. Interface elements are needed to synchronize the mixed-signal simulators. you must create at least one interface net in the design inorder to run mixed-signal simulation"

What might be the problem.??
Can anyone help me in this regard??

error1.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
despap

Re: LDO using verilog-A
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2012, 5:41am

If the model is Verilog-A
Use spectre as the simulator and make sure to provide view-name(veriloga) is the switch list

Please check and update.

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2012, 1:08am

Hi sri.sagar,

We even don't know your design. Would you please have more details here, like your schematic, verilog-A code for that LDO?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2012, 6:41am

It seems to me in that tutorial (for which you gave the link), the net that connects the dac_driver (which is digital) to the ideal_dac (which is analog) is an interface net.  Are you sure you followed all the steps of the tutorial correctly?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
raveendras4a5

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2012, 10:17pm

Hi, I am sri.sagar's friend & I am doing the actual design.
Thank you all for your replay..

1st In the above Image, I just simulated a small design with 2 inverters coded in VERILOG-A since I am new to it. Now I know the process that how to do with Verilog-A using Cadence Spectre tool.

Hi @geoffrey_Coram, I just followed the procedure in that link (tutorial) & tried to do with a small inverter program. I followed the steps correctly, Now I am able to simulate.

Hi Ywguo, till now I didn't start with the design of LDO.

Hi despap, Yes, you r right I used the "Spectre" as simulator other than "SpectreVerilog"(as shown in that tutorial). & in View Name I have selected "Schematic" So that now I am able to run any of my Verilog-A codes.. Smiley

Now I am going to start with the Actual Design of LDO. I really don't know how to start coding the Verilog-A for LDO.??
Do I need to write the code according to the circuit?? or only for the Equations of gain. load regulator etc..??

Can anyone Help me in this regard. Thanking you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.