The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 9:31am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CMOS CCII using translinear loop (Read 4868 times)
varun

CMOS CCII using translinear loop
Apr 04th, 2012, 11:07am

hello everyone,
i m designing current controlled CMOS second generation current conveyor using translinear loop. I want to perform ac and dc analysis of the circuit . Can anybody tell me how to perform these analysis and how to get the current form the output terminal(z), i m using cadence spectre simulator for the simulation of this circuit at 0.18um technolgy.

i have also attached the circuit in this post

thanking u

CCII.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: CMOS CCII using translinear loop
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2012, 2:43pm

Your question is very poorly posed.  I can't tell if you have no idea how to run a dc analysis in Spectre (because you're used to Spice3 or HSpice or something), or if you know how to run an analysis but you don't know how to save currents in Spectre, or if you have no idea how to turn the picture into a Spectre netlist.

Do you have a netlist?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
varun

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2012, 2:45am

sir,
i know how to perform the analysis of the circuit but i find it difficult to get the diffrence of current from two series transistor M7 & M6(ie Z+) terminal by applying a current at X terminal.
i want to sweep the current at X terminal and get the same current at Z+terminal.
is it possible to design this circuit at single supply(ie Vdd and gnd)??

View Profile   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2012, 5:15am

Varun,

Is this the testbench you are using? How do you set the dc level at Z+?

Best Regards,

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
achim.graupner
Community Member

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2012, 3:27am

Hi

one more hint: CMOS translinear loops (exploiting the exponential V-I behavior) are very vulnerable to the mismatch of the threshold voltage (much more than when using bipolar devices).
May see my MIXDES'2000 paper "THE SWITCHED TRANSLINEAR PRINCIPLE
AND ITS APPLICATION"

regards
Achim

Achim Graupner
ZMD AG, Dresden, Silicon Saxony, Germany
View Profile   IP Logged
varun

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2012, 10:54am

hello sir,
The main problem that i m facing in designing this circuit is how to set the W/L of the transistors constituting translinear loop. I want to put all transistors in  saturation region and earlier this circuit was simulated using BJT in which current follows exponential behaviour. So i want to know how to set the  w/l values of these transistors while keeping them in saturation.
i m designing this circuit in 0.18um UMC technology with vdd=+0.9v
and VSS=-0.9v with biasing current of 50u.
thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.