The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verification on PVT corners and Monte-Carlo (Read 3090 times)
weber8722
Community Member

Verification on PVT corners and Monte-Carlo
Apr 20th, 2012, 6:51am

Hi,

to check a circuit I usually test it in sweeps upfront, then for PVT corners, and for mismatch I run a MC analysis. Usually mismatch data is only extracted at typical process corner, so I end up with e.g. at least 4*3*3=36 corner runs and 50 mismatch MC runs to get a pretty complete overview & verification. Of course for more deeper verification the number of process corners would increase e.g. to include corners like slowNslowP_fastRfastC Smiley

However, in tools like VSDE or ADEXL I can put in one active setup and datasheet only EITHER PVT results OR MC results. So to combine corner & MC results I would need to run MC at all corners, ending up e.g. with 36*50=1800 simulations - although for me it would be enough to do 36+50 MC runs at TT with mismatch=86 runs. In the run of 1800 simulations there is far too much redundancy, thus waste of time.

I wonder if there is a GUI-based automated way? Currently I create e.g. 2 datasheets from ADEXL, one for PVT only, one for MC only and combine them in Word or Excel.  
Another solution I found was creating statistical corners, but that needs also some manual steps.  

Are there yet only script-based methods (like Ocean) to do that?  

Bye Stephan

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.