We have a FT position for a Sr. Power Electronics Engineer with one of our Direct clients in upstate NY. Salary up to 115k.
Conceive new product as a “clean sheet” new schematic or modification of standard product with new electronic packaging using theoretical analysis tools to model circuit performance and heat transfer. Activity includes complete product design including firmware development, circuit design, component selection, filter design, PCB layout, packaging, thermal management, and mechanical assembly.
--Working with internal application engineers and sales people to help customers fully specify their product requirements, promote design approach, and participate in various customer sponsored design reviews. This may involve some travel and direct contact with customers.
--Plan and maintain product development schedule with a team of assigned PCB Layout Designers, CAD Designers, Test Technicians, Model Shop and Prototype Fabrication Specialists and periodically report on status.
--Develop test plan specifying requirements for performance and environmental testing to assure design meets customer requirements. Support creation of various technical documents such as ATP, QTP, QTR and manage qualification testing responding to any potential problems with design changes.
--Conduct internal design release to manufacturing and report on various milestones in accordance with internal new product development procedure. Address manufacturing issues during initial production startup and insure final product meets cost goals and customer expectations.
- US Citizenship
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in product development of similar products
- Experience with TMS320 DSP C programming in Code Composer
- 480V Inverter for motor control design experience
- Knowledge of filters and filter design
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within and lead other group members
- Experience with power electronic design and debug up to 480Vac