Our client, a designer and manufacturer of affordable high-performance components for high speed communications offering the best in millimeter-wave engineering and high speed digital design is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer at their corporate headquarters in Wine Country, Santa Rosa, Ca.
This position will be responsible for providing the primary engineering support for products during the manufacturing phase. This includes all aspects of product function, specification, application, and changes. Responsibilities also include working closely with application engineering to support customer needs as they arise. The successful candidate should have experience in troubleshooting and managing assigned projects, as well as researching, designing, and developing components, parts, or changes required by new or existing products.As a basis for consideration, all interested applicants must possess the following qualifications:
• BSEE degree with minimum 5 years of experience or equivalent.
• Communication systems, microwave design, microwave measurement, or related area.
• High speed technologies such as GaAs and SiGe
• Analysis using tools such as Matlab, S Plus, ‘R’, etc
• Proficient with scripting tools such as Perl, Basic, or Python
• Familiarity with computer aided modeling tools such as Spice
• Experience with mixed-signal/microwave/mm-wave measurement systems, component fixtures, handling of packages, pc boards and instruments.
• Must have a strong understanding of Ohm
• Experience with Unix/Linux is desirableResponsibilities:
• Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of processes and systems used to manufacture component products and for the provision of technical product support both prior to and after sale.
• Provide primary support to the production floor responding to technical queries regarding product production.
• Evaluate product behavior and measurement system interaction.
• Accept product responsibility at end of Pilot phase. Responsible for engineering activities during the Manufacturing phase, this includes providing engineering support for operators running the production processes.
• Develop process documentation for module production and capacity enhancement plan.
• Responsible for the maintenance of product quality.
• Maintain reports for monitoring component product production yield losses and of field failures including:
• Develop product-specific metrics for failure analysis.
• Implement process or product changes to improve quality when warranted.
• Provide direct support for the evaluation of product failures and ascertain root cause of failures and develop corrective action plan when appropriate.
• Validate specification changes as needs arise.
• Maintain awareness of equipment needs, resource bottlenecks, etc. to maintain an efficient lab and strong measurement and test capability.
• Participate in planning future products based upon market needs and unique company capabilities.Interested?
If you have any questions please call Dale at 707.820.7900 or via linked-in at http://www.linkedin.com/in/dalepcorreaThank you for your interest!