The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:21pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to build a test-bench for mismatch simulation of fully differential opamp? (Read 3303 times)
Jacki

How to build a test-bench for mismatch simulation of fully differential opamp?
May 31st, 2012, 2:13am

Hello,

I am simulating an opamp with DC gain 70dB. I am troubled by the mismatch simulation now because I don't know how to build a good test bench for the fully differential opamp. Because the DC gain is large, small mismatch offset can drive the opamp to linear region. I also see some comments to simulate in a closed loop. But how to build the closed loop test bench, do the operating points burnt by the direct resistive feedback?

I also read the white paper "Functional verification of a differential operational amplifier". But still I cannot figure out the good test bench for Monte Carlo simulation. In Allen's book, the author onlys mentions fully differential input and single output architecture.

Can anybody give some comments or reference about the testbench?

Thanks.

Jacki

View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Re: How to build a test-bench for mismatch simulation of fully differential opamp?
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2012, 3:14am

I know how it should work in a correct way. Mismatch is not important for the DC gain and phase margin, probably I should run corner simulation.

View Profile   IP Logged
pixel

Re: How to build a test-bench for mismatch simulation of fully differential opamp?
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2012, 8:37am

You can use sp1twitch from analogLib. You can set the state of the switch for DC, AC , IC, and TRAN simulation.
For exampel for DC(IC)  switch can be closed, and for AC opened.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.