The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 12:22am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PLL simulation in all inversion regions (Read 1433 times)
pcardoso73

Portugal
PLL simulation in all inversion regions
Jun 28th, 2012, 12:47am

Dear all,

I am very new to Verilog AMS. I would like to do a piece of software for PLLs, so the user could simulate at macro level the basic parameters of a PLL, and thus have an idea of the topology, inversion region, jitter, etc, before going into transistor level.

I would like to divide this into several steps:

1 - A piece of software that could be integrated into Cadence using Spectre RF for PLLs
2 - Create a Library with individual components, so the designer could add them on a schematic view.
3 - Frequency and time domain should be possible to be simulated
4 - Operation in weak, moderate and strong inversion shoul be taken into account, as well as the trade-off jitter/inversion region.
5 - There should be a connection between the macro-model and the design kit used.

As I am quite new to Verilog-Ams, I would like some hints about the flow I should follow, and if the ideas above are feasible.

Best regards,
Pedro Cardoso

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.