The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 9:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creating Symbol (Read 1081 times)
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Creating Symbol
Dec 09th, 2012, 5:25am

Hello,
I have an inductor  net-list generated from ADS which is comparable to spectra (.scs). But i don't know how to  create symbol corresponding to this net-list, can any one tell me how to create this?

Thanks,
Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Creating Symbol
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2012, 5:46am

Are there more than just two ports/terminals?  If it's just a few, I would just create a new symbol cellview.  If there are a lot, then you might see if the "create cellview from cellview" command allows you to start with a netlist.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2012, 6:33am

hello,
i did that, simply i have created a schematic with same number of pins and created symbol from there, now i have deleted the schematic and planing to use symbol but where to import .scs file??

Thanks,
Raj.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2012, 10:21am

I think you have to do something with the "stop view list" -- maybe search this forum for that phrase.  There's a way to tell the netlister that it shouldn't go looking for the schematic, but instead copy in the .scs file or text view.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2012, 11:15am

The following threads might be useful to you:
How to import a spice netlist to schematic
Instantiating a netlist

-Ken

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.