The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 1:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
.cdsinit not being read at startup. (Read 1557 times)
Sharath Raju

.cdsinit not being read at startup.
Apr 15th, 2013, 12:29am

Hi,

At Virtuoso startup, I expect the initialization file .cdsinit to be read provided the it is present either in the "<my_cadence_installation_dir/tools/dfII/local" directory or the current working directory or the user's home directory.

I copied the sample .cdsinit file from "<my_cadence_installation_dir/tools/dfII/samples" to my current working directory and made the following simple change:
setenv EDITOR "gedit"

Unfortunately, I see that the cdsinit is not being loaded. The way I verified this is to open some verilog-A files from within virtuoso and see that it always uses xedit to open the files. Further, even if I put some garbage text into the .cdsinit file, virtuoso continues to launch without any problem.

Is my assumption that .cdsinit is automatically loaded incorrect? If so, what should I do to correctly load .cdsinit?

Thanks,
Sharath

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.