The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 8:20pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
`include search path questions (Read 2412 times)
danmc
Community Member

Boston
`include search path questions
Aug 14th, 2013, 8:16am

I have a veriloga view for a cell in cadence.  That veriloga view has a couple of `define's and then uses `include "some/other/file.va" to pull in the bulk of the code.  I don't want to use an absolute path to that other file because it refers to a directory which is under design data management.  My challenge is how to achieve all of the following:

- keep cadence happy when I save the veriloga cellview and it tries to invoke the Verilog-A parser for error checking.  For this, I had to use a path relative to the veriloga.va associated with the cell view.

- keep ADE happy when using spectre as the simulator.  In this case the relative path works as well.

- keep AMS happy when some others on the project use AMS as the simulator.  In this case, the relative path doesn't seem to work.

So.... what is the recommended way?  Is there a way to set an environment variable which is expanded by the veriloga cellview parser, by spectre and by ams?  Do I need to use `ifdef SOMETHING_THAT_INDICATES_AMS_VERSUS_NOT_AMS and then have a different path?

The devil is always in the details...

Thanks
-Dan

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: `include search path questions
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2013, 10:02am

Dan,

you need to set the include directory for AMS. It should be possible to solve your problem by this.

- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.