The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:07am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
control help for non inverting buck boost converter (Read 5240 times)
phowalone

control help for non inverting buck boost converter
Apr 04th, 2014, 6:07am

hello everyone,

I am new to here and i am really struggling with my non inverting buck boost converter design.
the first one is control, as i am going to use PID control for voltage and inductor current. as i have no transfer function of my circuit, i am going to use SLPS from matlab to tune the PI control value, i tried to tune it manually for three days and it is no where near to get the values. is there anyone can give me an advice for that please.

second problem is that i am going to MBED1768 micro-controller for control and i am struggling for writing code in relating with inductor current control. i am not sure on how to relate with output voltage control and inductor current control. Do they need separate loop for control.?
thanks for helping me guys,
my switching frequency is 100khz. i attached my circuit topology.

non-inverting-buck-boost-circuit.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: control help for non inverting buck boost converter
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2014, 4:43pm

there are many dedicated controllers out there for this job, why don't you research those and their application notes as well to start?

You can use  PID controller if you want or even a microcontroller, but I suggest you look at what has already been done many times before

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.