The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 4:46pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Syntax (or ADE XL Commands) to Specify Saving of AHDL Variables (Read 3753 times)
Matthew Spencer

Syntax (or ADE XL Commands) to Specify Saving of AHDL Variables
Jul 10th, 2015, 6:55pm

Hi everyone,

I'm running a Spectre simulation that contains many Verilog-A modules each of which has many internal variables.  I'm trying to save only a subset of those variables in order to save memory and run time.  

In the past I've run similar simulations by setting 'saveOptions saveahdlvars=all' through the 'ADE XL -> Editor Window -> Outputs -> Save All ... -> AHDL vars -> save all' check box.  I'd like to use the 'save selected' check box and then specify the variables to save using either an entry in the 'Outputs' Setup table in ADE XL or an included Spectre file with a save statement (preferably the output table).

Unfortunately, I haven't found any documentation about how to specify an ADHL variable in a save statement or ADE XL.  Does anyone know the right syntax to use for this?

View Profile   IP Logged
Matthew Spencer

Re: Syntax (or ADE XL Commands) to Specify Saving of AHDL Variables
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2015, 3:57pm

Hi everyone,

I figured this out and figured that I should post for posterity.  There were three steps I had to take:

1.  As expected, set the check box in 'ADE XL -> Editor Window -> Outputs -> Save All ... -> AHDL vars' to 'selected'

2.  Write a Spectre file that specified which values to save, example below:

Code:
save I32<200>:variable_name
save I18<1>:variable_name

3.  Include the Spectre file useing 'ADE XL -> Editor Window -> Setup -> Model Libraries'

My guess for the syntax to use in step two was based on this document: http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~ryun01/gmid_ruida.pdf , and it worked.  So thanks to the authors!

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Syntax (or ADE XL Commands) to Specify Saving of AHDL Variables
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2015, 11:06am

Thanks Matthew!

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.