The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 22nd, 2024, 1:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Running .spice file in Spectre (Read 850 times)
ValarMorghulis

Running .spice file in Spectre
Sep 09th, 2016, 9:27am

I am running a  .spice file using Spectre simulator of Cadence. I changed the supply voltage value from 1.8V to a different value. However, the output log file shows me similar Total power consumption. I am not sure what am I missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

View Profile ValarMorghulis sazjad   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Running .spice file in Spectre
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2016, 11:27am

I'm not sure how you expect someone to help you, with the tiny bit of information you've shared -- oh, yes! Spectre doesn't allow any supply voltage except 1.8, so you can't change it!  (Kidding.)

There are some circuits that are designed to be insensitive to the supply voltage.  Could this be your problem?  You haven't told us anything about your circuit.

Are you sure the supply voltage you changed is the main supply?  How much did you change it, and how much did the power change?

Is your circuit actually operating?  Have you looked at the waveforms to verify this?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ValarMorghulis

Re: Running .spice file in Spectre
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2016, 11:36am

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Its actually a power grid benchmark circuit. I changed the Supply from 1.8V to 1.2V to operate in 130nm process. The internal node voltages have been changed. However, the total power calculated by tool didn't change. It remains exactly same. I am assuming there might a global VDD signal that didn't change from 1.8V. But I don't see anything which is still 1.8V in the netlist.

Than you.

View Profile ValarMorghulis sazjad   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.